This blog has been produced to document my promotional package for my horror trailer and the trailer itself. It also includes all of my research and planning into the project, in order for the trailer to appeal to my chosen target audience. Enjoy!

Thursday 5 April 2012

Practise Shots - 'Ghost/Demon'

I wanted the look of my protagonist to be haunting, chilling and frightening enough to satisfy the expectations of my target audience as they are the market in which I want to appeal to. I did not want to insult their intelligence and tastes by developing a character which looked fake or cliched so I decided that in order to achieve a realistic but believable look, I had to research into other female supernatural demons/ghosts to identify what makes their characters so terrifying without the need for the big Hollywood special effects!

Here are some of the pictures taken of Katie when she has become a demon. A noticeable change in chracter is in the actors poses as she leaves her pure and innocent soul behind and replaces it with a sinister and alluring creature.

Shot #1


Shot #2


Shot #3


Shot #4


Shot #5


 Shot #6


I took these pictures using my Casio 12 megapixel camera and shiftied the settings to achieve a more authentic looking shot, they are fuzzy and partially unclear as I wanted them to look as if these are unexplained mysteries and to see what the quality would look like in a different light setting

I wanted to capture the shots in dim lighting to reperesent the unexplained sighting of her. I love the fact that amongst the pale make up under the provocative and revealing black dress, her natural red hair is vibrant allowing the audience to identify the shift in roles and to remind the audience that this is the same girl who saldy now is soul less and forever in pain and suffering.

No comments:

Post a Comment