This blog has been produced to document my promotional package for my horror trailer and the trailer itself. It also includes all of my research and planning into the project, in order for the trailer to appeal to my chosen target audience. Enjoy!

Friday 27 April 2012

Post Production Feedback: The Trailer


1. By watching the trailer, what genre of film would you say this is?
"I would say that it is a supernatural horror set in the present day due to the technology used by the film crew and the involvement of freshers week and the university party lifestyle”
“At first I thought it was going to be a slasher horror based on the murder at the start of the trailer, but the cleverness about it is that there is no gruesome deaths and that all of the pain inflicted on the film crew is hinted leaving the audience it to imagine what might have happened”
2. What would you say that the straplines (pieces of text inbetween film clips) were informative as to what the film is about?
"The straps were very informative and successfully guided and directed my understanding of the narrative."

“They provided a visual aid to the commentary on screen”

"The strap-lines aided my understanding of the storyline indeed. They were informative, without giving too much away."

3. Do you think the use of camera/ editing/ lighting, elements of mise-en-scene were successful? Did the piece look professional or not? 
"I really enjoyed the uses of camera angles and shots and the elements of mise-en-scene were constructed very accurately for the narrative of the film. For example, the opening scene, showing a medium shot of Roehampton University looked amazing and I really appreciated the shift from the flashback scenes to present day scenes”
"My favourite aspect was definitely the camera! Having the majority of it filmed in night vision really made the footage seem authentic and real”

4. Do you think I have chosen suitable actors to star in my film trailer?
“I liked the fact that they looked like your average University students which added an authenticity to the narrative”

5. Which parts of the trailer do you feel were most successful?
"The use of sound was spot on in terms of shifting from scene to scene. You maintained the quickness in pace of all your shots."
“I thoroughly enjoyed the radio/television commentary at the start of the trailer, it really added to the suspense of Katie’s murder and her reasons for vengence


6. Name the areas that you believe I could have improved on:

"Perhaps more detail into what actually killed Katie and possibly the aftermath of her murder"

"The shots seemed to jump from one to another too quickly leaving the audience constantly at the edge of their seats. Maybe try to include a centre section were the audience is introduced to each of the film crew"

7. Does this trailer persuade you to want to see the film?
"Yes, it is a very effective in that it grabs my attention it definitely teases me and makes me want to watch!"

No comments:

Post a Comment