This blog has been produced to document my promotional package for my horror trailer and the trailer itself. It also includes all of my research and planning into the project, in order for the trailer to appeal to my chosen target audience. Enjoy!

Thursday 12 April 2012

Post Production Feedback: Film Poster

After posting my questionnaires onto Facebook, I decided to arrange an interview with a group of students who all fell into the same category as my target audience. This allowed me to go into greater depth at how I might be able to improve the three practical peices whilst also understanding what it is my target audience expect to see. I decided to choose 3 girls and 3 boys to make the contribution even, even though I have decided to aim my Promotional material at a larger male audience, it would be interesting to hear from a female perspective also.

1. What genre of film is this? Why?
"I would say that it is a Supernatural horror film based on the demonic face of the main model. Her eyes indicate a soul less creature who could be human or just a spirit. I instantly thought of a young girl when I saw the main image as even though they just appear to be large eye-less sockets, the large eyes indicate innocence and childlike qualities. Almost as if the model on the main image was someone whose life was taken at a young age. The eerie black and white colours also compliment the main image as it’s if the ghost is living in a dungeon or a chamber of some sorts”
2. Would you call the poster professional-looking? If no, what could be done to improve?
"From simply looking at the poster, it's difficult to tell exactly what the film is about. This builds up mystery and intrigue, urging me to want to see the film. I think that the tag line indicates that this demon is almost something of a myth and that she might have appeared to another person."

3. Do you think the chosen font is suitable for the Poster? 
"The font has a sort of medical nature about it. It reminds me of the type of font used in a hospital or prison, possibly a psychiatric ward for patients receiving treatment. This just adds to the twisted element of the genre, almost as if the film requires you to think from a professional perspective"
"It reminds me of those old fashioned type writers that they may have used in the past to document previous ghost sightings or mysteries"

4. Do you think the chosen model is suitable for the film poster?
"Part of the posters appeal is the mysteriousness and creepiness of it. Your not sure whether or not the model in the image is real or if its just a reflection. Either way, it just adds to the mystique of the plot as you don’t know whether this ‘face’ is harmful or not.”
“From the moment I saw the poster I instantly felt that the film was going to be based on the visual capture of a demon/ghost. This is largely due to the pixelated face and distorted camera quality; also the image could be ambiguous as your not sure whether or not this particular creature is good or evil. It is also ironic that only the eyes are showing as most people say the eyes are the window to the soul, however in this case the creature appears to not be living at all”

5. Do you understand the tagline? What do you think it means?
"It is short captivating and chilling as you get the feeling that this demon is no longer a myth, and that while there may have been several sightings (indicating that she it really does exist)"

"I sounds as if the footage shown in the film is exclusive and shocking and that audience should witness for themselves the sighting of the demon"

6. Does this poster make you want to see the film?
"Yes as I get the feeling that if I saw this movie I’ll be witnessing an unreal and never before seen event that will be shocking and controversial"
“Just looking at the main image intrigues me as to what it could be, the effect of the pixelated face is very scary indeed!”

7. Do you think any improvements can be made to this poster?
"Maybe more use of existing film distribution companies to make it look a little less amateurish"
“Perhaps make the film name a little larger and bolder as the faded text isn’t as strong against the main image”
8. What do you think of the title of the film? 
"Its interesting without giving too much of the plot away, it also compliment the main image as the demons haunting stare indicate that the setting is not to be disturbed"

9. Would you say I have followed the codes and conventions of film posters?
"you have included a main image, a tagline and a film title, you have successfully followed the codes and conventions of a film poster."

10. Does this poster persuade you to want to see the film?
"Yes, it is a very effective poster in that it grabs my attention and draws me in, well done."

No comments:

Post a Comment