This blog has been produced to document my promotional package for my horror trailer and the trailer itself. It also includes all of my research and planning into the project, in order for the trailer to appeal to my chosen target audience. Enjoy!

Wednesday 21 March 2012

Reconnaissance

The Setting

As the narrative of my trailer centers around the story of a student who died in her Halls, I set about to try and find a suitable location to film. A friend of my cousins, kindly suggested that her student halls at Roehampton University would be free and that I was more than welcome to use it. With my setting discovered, it was time to carry out some investigation into the Halls to make sure that they were appropriate for filming and the narrative.

Roehampton University

Accommodation

Roehampton consists of four colleges around which accommodation is centred:
Digby Stuart College
  • Bede House
  • Lee House
  • Newman House
  • Shaw House
Froebel College
  • Aspen House
  • Linden House
  • Willow House
  • Lawrence
  • Garden Court
  • New Court (Where I shall be doing the majority of my filming)
  • Old Court
  • Mount Clare
Southlands College
  • Aldersgate and Epworth Court
  • Wesley Hall
Whitelands College
  • Beverley and Cheltenham
  • Durham and Gilesgate
  • Kings and Melrose
  • Sutherland and Walpole


Shots outside of the halls

The Forrest






The grounds of the Univsersity are truly beautiful and really capture the bleak and lonely world for my main protagonist. Just from surveying the campus, I felt an overwhelming sense of tradition and tranquility that would fit perfectly as Supernatural Horrors are often set in relatively normal surroundings such as forrests, suburban homes or churces.

 

Where I hope to be doing the majority of my filming...


Im considering using the kitchen as the setting for the murder. Although I havent quite decided how Katie will be killed, I like thee idea of the roommate poisoning or spiking the students drink as these are often the  stories you tend to hear about out of control parties whilst at Univeristy.


 A massive thank you to Holly and her roommates for letting me use their Halls for a couple of days to film and gather pre production materials!


I wanted to set my trailer in an actual University as Id felt that I would be cheating my target audience in some way as the end product wouldnt look as effective or authentic to achieve a realistic peice of  work.


No comments:

Post a Comment