This blog has been produced to document my promotional package for my horror trailer and the trailer itself. It also includes all of my research and planning into the project, in order for the trailer to appeal to my chosen target audience. Enjoy!

Monday 12 March 2012

Draft Ideas for Film Poster


When it came to editing my film poster I knew from thstart that I wanted the face of the protagonist to be a mystery to avoid audiences losing the scare factor before they even see the trailer. I cam up with the idea of the demon peering through a stain glass door as if she is being watched, making the audience feel uncomfortable and that they have disturbed her presence. I also knew that in order to hide her face I had to rely on the editing software offered by Pic Monkey which allowes you to pixelate and soften any feature making it difficult to identify the character.


Replacing the tagline font with 'Arial'


Changing the  background to create a bloodstained derilict enviroment which signals to the audience that this is the home of the demon and it is not to be distubed.

The one common element that has remained throughout the creation of my film poster is the main image of the demon staring directly into the camera, I felt that this added to the chilling feel of the poster almost as if the deomon is looking at a member of the audience as its next victum. I also want to keep the 'pixel' face look as I feel it compliments the narrative and the style in which the trailer was filmed in.

No comments:

Post a Comment