This blog has been produced to document my promotional package for my horror trailer and the trailer itself. It also includes all of my research and planning into the project, in order for the trailer to appeal to my chosen target audience. Enjoy!

Friday 10 February 2012

Post Analysis Reflection...

Film Trailers

The Devil Inside
I oddly enough quite enjoyed analysing this trailer as I had wanted to see the film for so long and because it was a newly released supernatural horror I felt that this was the type of film that I should be analysing as I should be looking to the newest releases in order to follow the changing elements of the sub-genre. Even though I wasnt able to sleep for days afterwards, analysing this film inpsired me to use certain aspects such as the 911 call and the crime scene at the beginning of the trailer.

Paranormal Activity 3
I had always been a huge fan of this franchise as I love the way myself as an audience member am always trying to uncover whether or not the footage is real. Part of this trailers appeal is the use of editing and camera angles, which has always been incredibly tense and dramatic for this and the previous two films. I admire the elements this trailer uses in order to tickle and torment audiences through its vicious tastes of terror and I have definitely taken these aspects on board. However, analysing this trailer did make me realise that this was not the type of supernatural horror I wanted create, as I am better suited to softer and more sensitive styles of film. 

Sorority Row
As this is one of my favourite horror films, I paid close attention to the narrative and mise-en-scene elements of 'Collage' setting. Partly what attracted me to this trailer was it's stab as I wanted to incorporate an element of humour within my own project. Even though it is a slasher horror, I wanted to see how they presented teenagers and young adults and also the drama that surrounds their lives.

Film Poster

Again incorporating an element of the younger market into my own project, I was intrigued as to what devices I would use in order to entice my target audience.  I have learnt more about the continuity created and the symbiotic relationship in which two different pieces of media establish. 

Film Magazines

 As part of the front cover analysis I assessed only mainstream magazines which looking back on slightly hindered me when it came to deciding what type of film magazine I should produce. I like how “Total Film” combines the two, for instance, they do display a lot of information but with the front cover I analysed, it still maintained a minimalistic form. I intend to create a publication that instils a plain white background, so that the image and text can receive the full attention of the viewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment